Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Reason Why I Travel

Realizing the Dream

Many people always asked me why now suddenly I become a travel bug or an addict, before I explain it, I want to tell that since I was in junior high school I always like to read about geography and history. I still remembered when my father bought me a set of encyclopedia “Mengapa Begini Mengapa Begitu” , the most interesting book I like most to read is about the places in the world, like why they are so unique , how they created for the places such as Taj Mahal, Pyramid Giza, Great Wall of China, etc. I always dreamed that someday in the future if I have money I will go there. When I was in junior high school I also really love the subject of geography especially the “blind map” subject and also history subject. After I entered university, I never thought about this dream again and still until I remember when i was still working for my company in Batam, I do my first traveling overseas with my friend to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.

After I moved here, I felt that I have more free time to realize my dream further but the main problem is deciding to do so. It’s really easy to fantasize about traveling, or dreaming that some day when i already retired, have million of money or in the peak of your life when you can travel freely. But then I realized that I will never travel if I wait around for the circumstances to be right. By the time I have money, I probably already have another commitment such as family, job or another important matters. I also think that yes I can travel once when I am already retired but I don’t guarantee myself that my body will be still fit enough to do it or I still have the passion to do it. So the reality is i only have enough money and enough time if i make it happen. How enough is enough also the next question. Saving money and choosing the right time are the things that I considered a lot. I saved for four years from my previous job and also some saving from my scholarship and I also did strategy to travel as cheap as possible.

Then after, I decided to do my first backpacking, it was really “blast” for me, I’ve never expected that backpacking in a “dirty” cheap way can be so fun and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment